May 18, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, Morbid Angel frontman Steve Tucker has indicated that the band will not be playing any David Vincent-era songs on their upcoming tour dates. That “whoosh” you just heard was my already-limited interest in seeing them at MDF nosediving even more.
- Textures are breaking up. I don’t really know anything about this band, so…NEXT.
- A 17-year break is apparently no big deal for At the Drive-In; the band’s new album, In-ter a-li-a, debuted in the Top 40 on the Billboard charts. I should probably go listen to that thing sometime.
- Hot on the heels of their new album, A Place Where There’s No More Pain, Life of Agony have announced a series of European tour dates. Get at ’em, Europe!
- Speaking of bands touring Europe, Beyond Creation and Virvum have announced a run of their own. Check ’em out here.
- Guys. GUYS. Tool redid their website. CLEARLY, this means a new album is coming soon.
- And finally, Der Weg Einer Freiheit put out a new lyric video for their song, “Skepsis, Part II.” Check it out below:
The band’s latest evidence of complete inability to do wrong, Finisterre, comes out August 25. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,