June 9, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from the last couple of days:
- Leading off, Noisem have announced the departures of guitarist Yago Ventura, bassist Billy Carnes and vocalist Tyler Carnes. That leaves the Phillips brothers and new vocalist Ben Anft, also of Castle Freak. At least there’s a new album in the bag?
- Speaking of dudes leaving bands, Leprous have announced that guitarist Øystein Landsverk has left the band after 13 years. He’ll be replaced by Ihsahn‘s live guitarist, Robin Ognedal. That is certainly news if you’re a Leprous fan.
- Guys, I think there might really be something to this Nachtmystium revival — Blake Judd’s revealed that the previously-announced EP, Resilient, had been upgraded to a full album. They’re also doing a split with Coldworld. Let’s keep fingers crossed.
- In a new interview, Ghost frontman Tobias Forge (is there any point in calling him “Papa Emeritus” anymore?) said he’s always kind of considered the band to be a solo project. Wow, didn’t see that one coming at all.
- Paradise Lost have a new album called Medusa coming out September 1 via Nuclear Blast. I am all of the excites about this.
- MOAR NEW STUFF! Unsane have announced a new album called Sterilize, which will drop September 29 on Southern Lord. They’ve also announced some summer tour dates, so get on ’em!
- And finally, here’s a new Myrkur song because I feel like getting some internet kids butthurt:
Myrkur’s new album, Mareidt, drops this fall via Relapse. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back this time on Monday for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,