June 13, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, Aura Noir will be headlining Stardust NYC’s two-night “Nightmares Over Brooklyn” series in October, with the band’s original trio lineup performing live in North America for the first time ever. And, once again, I’ll be away at school. Goddammit.
- Ihsahn is heading back to the studio to record the follow-up to last year’s Arktis. As an enormous fan of Arktis. and Ihsahn in general, I’m pretty much all for this. The clock just struck Pants-Change-O’Clock.
- It’s a busy time for The Black Dahlia Murder. The band’s co-headlining Summer’s Laughter with Dying Fetus, but also just announced that they’ll be putting out an as-yet-untitled new album via Metal Blade in the fall.
- Exodus, Obituary, Power Trip and Dust Bolt will be heading around the country this fall on what they’re calling the “Battle of the Bays” tour. Not sure how Power Trip (who’s from Dallas) or Dust Bolt (Germany) factor into a battle of bays, but sure. This might be fun.
- Speaking of tours, Opeth and Enslaved will be heading around the UK and Ireland together this fall.
- And finally, here’s live footage of a new Clutch song called “Love a Good Fire.” Check it out below:
That’ll do it for now. Check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,