July 12, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. It’s a quiet week here at Nine Circles, but is that the case around the metal world? WE SHALL SEE. Here’s some stuff you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, Revolver (I know, I know) has a new feature on Ministry during which Al Jourgensen describes how the band blew much of their $750,000 advance for the Psalm 69 record on drugs. Let’s go live to San Diego for a reaction!!!
- Next up, D.R.I. have announced a U.S. tour that’ll last them…pretty much through the end of the year. We’re talking almost 50 shows from August through December. In other words, unless you live in, like, Alaska or Hawaii, you’re gonna have to try real hard to not be in traveling distance for these.
- Thou: great at music, even greater at life. Earlier this week, drummer Josh Nee and the rest of the band intervened while a woman was being assaulted outside a gas station in the middle of the night. Good dudes, them Thou guys. Good dudes.
- Here’s a tour announcement that I’d have been a lot more amped for…probably 15 years ago: Children of Bodom and Carach Angren! I say “15 years ago” because Bodom still would have been good, and Carach Angren wouldn’t have existed yet.
- Hey, here’s the cover art for the new Belphegor album! It looks very…Belphegor-y. That thing drops in September on Nuclear Blast.
- And finally, here’s a new Cradle of Filth video:
I don’t know that I’ll ever really understand the appeal of this band. But you know what? That’s fine. Good for them. They’ve got a new album out in September via Nuclear Blast. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back soon for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,