For those unaware, there has been a fuck-ton of new music these past couple of weeks. Albums and singles alike. While awesome, it’s also preventing me from the overdosing of newly acquired music from MDF weekend that I need. Alas, the life of a metal fan. Plenty of discussion about these new releases on our next episode. So, how about the rest of the news from around the metal world?
- The Black Album has hit 16 million SoundScan sales. That’s quite the number. I’m not one of those 16 million. More Metallica news: apparently they’ll be playing Frayed Ends of Sanity tonight in Helsinki for the first time.
- To nobody’s surprise, a Pantera reunion is still far-fetched per Vinnie Paul. He likens it to a relationship with an ex-wife. That’s… something.
- Amon Amarth will be touring with Skeletonwitch again this year. This time with Sabaton rather than Enslaved. Been there, done that for 2/3 of this lineup. HOWEVER, add Vallenfyre and Evoken to the mix for a night and you’ve got my attention.
- Dave Lombardo is working on new music!… for Disney. This is probably more respectable than new Slayer anyway. No opposition from me. Because why not.
- This JUST in, Apple has purchased Beats Music. This has the potential for good things. More on this to come.
- Black Sabbath has come up a lot lately at Horns Up, so in honor of that, check out this dope footage from 1970:
Ignore the subtitles. Or don’t if you speak German. Either way, pretty glad this was uncovered. I almost shared a video of Elmo covering ‘Let The Bodies Hit The Floor’. You’re welcome.
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.