June 15, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from yesterday:
- Leading off, Septicflesh have announced their new album, Codex Omega, which will drop September 1 via Prosthetic Records. You can check out the new single, “Dante’s Inferno,” here. If you like Septicflesh, you should do that. If you don’t, this probably won’t change your mind. But good for them either way.
- Well, this is cool: Devin Townsend will be performing with guitar virtuoso Steve Vai for the first time in a quarter-century. Townsend, of course, broke out with his vocal performance on Vai’s album, Sex and Religion, back in 1993, and now the two will share the stage at Norway’s Starmus Festival.
- Well, this is less cool: KISS frontman and self-acknowledged asshole Gene Simmons is trying to trademark the devil horns symbol. And in true Gene Simmons fashion, he didn’t even get the symbol right. What a shithead.
- Aaaaaand, the jig’s finally up for Papa Emeritus: Ghost mastermind Tobias Forge is going to appear as himself on an upcoming radio program, discussing the band and his personal background. Welp.
- Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan has joined the cast of the podcast, Darkest Night, a sci-fi drama series narrated by Lee Pace. Consider me subscribed!
- And finally…some more Devin Townsend! The Bald God just dropped a new lyric video for “Offer Your Light,” so peep that shit here:
That’ll do it for now — check back this time tomorrow for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,