Big news from the Horns Up home front! We have officially been approved by iTunes and later this week Horns Up will be searchable, subscribe-able, whatever you want-able! More details to come in Episode 6, but get excited, people! Chug a beer, take a shot, or both!
However, I’m sure there’s more going on in the world outside of Horns Up. The question is, do we really care? Actually yeah, we kinda do. So, here are your Quickies for today:
- To make this Geoff Tate/Queensryche saga even more entertaining, Mike Portnoy has decided to join the fun! And like clockwork, he adds fuel to my ‘I-can’t-take-you-seriously’ fire.
- Periphery and Scar Symmetry won’t be rocking Vik Guitars anytime soon. Frankly, I wouldn’t either. More on this in Episode 6.
- Check out the new Misery Index. I certainly will be because, well, Maryland Death Fest and whatnot.
- Solitary Son is in jail. And to everyone’s surprise, it’s not because of the face tattoo. Although I’m sure it won’t help him.
- Shadows Fall will be going on tour in about a month. Even if they don’t seem to know exactly where they’ll be playing. In others news, Brian Fair’s dreads are too long.
- Finally, for those unaware, we lost H. R. Giger yesterday. Here is a tribute to his work in metal, with my personal favorite (from Triptykon’s “Melana Chasmata”) below:
I understand this album just came out, but it’s such an awesome piece. Anyway, that’ll wrap it up today.
(Yes, Agalloch’s “The Serpent & The Sphere” is awesome. And no, I wouldn’t fail to bring it up at least once on it’s release date.)
Live. Love. Plow. Horns Up.