July 26, 2017
Good morning, it’s time to metal. Here’s some news you might have missed from the last couple of days:
- Leading off, Maryland Deathfest announced the second wave of lineup additions for its 2018 edition. Some of the more notable acts in this round? Helmet, Today is the Day, Master’s Hammer, Khemmis and a bunch more. Check out the full list here.
- Cannibal Corpse have announced a late-fall tour with, more importantly, Power Trip and Gatecreeper. Good god, I’d love to make this my second “watch the openers then leave before Cannibal Corpse plays” concert experience.
- Looks like Ozzy Osbourne‘s diversifying his portfolio a bit — he’s lent his name to a new bottle of red wi…nope, I don’t wanna finish that sentence. Nope, nope, nope.
- The dudes in Astronoid are making some damn moves in 2017. Having already done stints with Ghost, Moon Tooth and TesseracT and others this year, the band was just announced as the opener for the second half of the Periphery / Animals as Leaders trek in November. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bunch.
- Sonofabitch, Godflesh are gonna play Streetcleaner from front to back in Brooklyn. Just…goddammit.
- Hell also dropped a new track, and it’s fucking filthy and you should take a listen.
- And finally, you’ll have to excuse the Literati Overlord and I for the excess of pants-jizz that’s happening to this, but Der Weg Einer Freiheit premiered the first single from their new album over at Invisible Oranges and hoooooooooly fuck, y’all:
I just want to listen to that thing again and again. The album, Finisterre, drops August 25 via Season of Mist, and man, oh man, is my appetite whetted. Anyway, that’ll do it for now — check back soon for our next edition!
Keep it heavy,