Corey’s on the way home from Boston so you’ve got me for Quickies today. Let’s hop on into it, then, shall we? Here’s what we missed in the metal world today:
- Kicking off, Babymetal have signed a deal with RAL / Sony Music for the U.S. release of their self-titled debut album. As Axl points out, the band signed with the same label as Brooklyn teens Unlocking the Truth. Let’s hope that works out better for Babymetal than it has for UtT…
- Next up, some news that should come as little surprise: Terror Universal has parted ways with frontman Chad Armstrong, following his alleged sexual assault of Otep frontwoman Otep Shamaya. The guys can say it’s due to “personal differences” all they want; we’re not buying.
- Ever wanted to dress up as Motörhead‘s mascot for Halloween? Well, good news—now you can!
- Black Sabbath canceled their supposed “farewell” appearance at Ozzfest Japan, but…maybe there’s a full-on farewell tour in store? We’ll see, I guess.
- And finally, Welsh sludge crew Hark put out a new video for their song, “Palendromeda,” which you can watch below:
Not bad at all. Their debut full-length, Crystalline, is out now on Season of Mist. Anyway, that’ll do it for me. Check back tomorrow for more!
Keep it heavy,