Up and coming doom metal band, Blessed Black, made a powerful kick-down-the-door type of entry into the metal scene with their debut two-track EP Beyond the Crimson Throne and now return to flesh those two tracks out into a full length album of the same name. The group, formed in 2017, is comprised of four very skilled musicians from Ohio. Since the band’s start, they have worked tirelessly to develop their sound and produce a pretty killer debut album. Beyond the Crimson Throne showcases the musicians’ technical talents through catchy riffs, guitar and vocal harmonization, crisp drum lines, and bass lines that beg for head banging. Continue reading
Very happy tomorrow is Friday.
- Let’s start with Nightwish, who have announced a new studio album scheduled for an April 10th release. It will be called Human. :II: Nature. and it will be released through Nuclear Blast. Preorders will begin on February 7th, for those interested.
- Another update out of Nuclear Blast today includes the likes of Possessed, who have announced a massive North American tour with Pestilence and The Black Moriah. 17 dates on that run starting mid-March. I can’t really justify missing that one.
- WVRM have signed on with Prosthetic Records and have revealed details behind their label debut. The album will be called Colony Collapse and it is scheduled for an April 3rd release. Preorders are available now.
- Check it. A new video from Black Star Riders for “In The Shadow Of The War Machine”. Another State Of Grace is out now on, you guessed it, Nuclear Blast.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
There’s a time to laugh, and a time to cry. There’s a time to stretch the boundaries of metal, and there’s a time to stay the course. There’s a time to get grandiose and expansive in a review, and there’s a time to just sit back and admit that To Fathom The Master’s Grand Design, the latest from Danish purveyors of blackened filth Horned Almighty is breaking no new ground, but remains deftly executed and full of evil, evil chops that will raise hairs on the backs of folks who live for gloating, leering metal burnt black. Continue reading
Is 2020 already crushing you with an overwhelming sense of doom and despair? An entire continent is on fire and an orange fascist is spinning up another war while planes full of innocent folk are shot out of the sky. So why not let Meridians by The Osedax bury you under the weight of an ocean as you sink into its sludgy embrace and post-metal soundscapes?
Slow day today, let’s see what I can dig up.
- Of course we’re going to start with a DragonForce tour! The recently announced headlining dates in the U.S. will include support from Unleash The Archers and Visions Of Atlantis. Actually, I think this is old news, but I just saw it in my inbox today. Oh well!
- Creeping Death have some dates coming up that I should remind you of. They’re joining The Acacia Strain on select dates in February, March, and April. Before that, however, they have a week of headlining dates kicking off tomorrow with Sanguisugabogg. Finally, they’ll be performing at Oblivion Access in early June down in Austin, TX. That’s pretty dope, not gonna lie.
- I really like Tombs so I’m going to drop in this new track that was shared over at Revolver today. It’s called “The Dark Rift”. The Monarchy of Shadows EP drops on February 28th via Season of Mist.
- Finally, we will close with a new video from We Came As Romans for “From The First Note”. It’s one of the first two tracks released since the passing of singer Kyle Pavone back in August 2018. Give it a watch below.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”