Receiving the Evcharist is our weekly feature where we pair choice albums with our favorite libations. Drink from the cup of heresy. This week’s offering: Superstition’s The Anatomy of Unholy Transformation and GT’s Trilogy Kombucha. Continue reading
Three weeks in a row! Never thought I’d get to this point again. I guess it is easier to keep up with posting when you’re working a three-12-hour-shift nursing schedule than a traditional 9-to-5. Hard to not find enough time to rag on a few album covers with that schedule.
The trouble, this week, was finding album covers that deserved to be ragged on. Since our debut post a couple weeks ago, the well of standout album covers (good or bad) has dried up a bit. Not totally, of course, but…we’ve been forced to get a bit more creative in our selections. There are even some I’m gonna be complimentary of this week! Crazy, huh?
Anyway, enough rambling — hit the jump for my album art highlights from the week of June 21-27!
Friday’s Friday. All kinds of weird stuff today.
- Soulfly have announced the Blood on the Street 2019 U.S. Tour. They’ll be joined by Unearth, Incite, Prison, and Arrival of Autumn. The tour begins on September 3rd and runs through the 29th.
- Necronomicon have revealed details behind their next album. Unus will be out on October 18th via Season of Mist. There is a new trailer for the album, which you can check out here.
- Adema, a name I definitely have not heard in forever, is apparently still active. They have a new vocalist in Ryan Shuck and they will be touring the U.S. with Powerman 5000 and a bunch of other bands I don’t care about.
- Finally, let’s check out some new stuff from Beastwars. This is called “Storms of Mars” and will feature on their upcoming new album, IV, out next week on Destroy Records.
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
I’m running a half marathon in three days. I’m probably going to half try to do well.
- Updates from Borknagar today. Their next studio album, titled True North, will be out on September 27th via Century Media. Very much a reason to be excited.
- More reasons to be excited? Insomnium. They announced today that their 8th studio album will be out on October 4th, also through Century Media. I don’t have a title for this one yet. Also, a European headlining tour starting the following month.
- In today’s edition of “LOL WUT?”, Dark Funeral had a bunch of their stage costumes and armor stolen out of a vehicle. Truthfully, this sucks and people are the god damn worst. But also, really? Did they know what they were stealing, and somehow had a definitive use for it? Very interesting. Anyway, if you know something, say something.
- Should we wrap up this Wednesday up with a little black metal? Sure, why not? This is Cultus Profano with “Under the Infernal Reign, Op. 10”. This is taken from their 2018 release Sacramentum Obscurus. Honestly, this is pretty solid… and who knew black metal like this was emerging from LA?
“Ein Bier… bitte.”
The beginnings of blackened death metallers Forbidden Rites traces back to the late 90s but as fate would have it, their debut Pantheon Arcanum just saw the light of day late last year. The fact that the current band members played in several other projects through the years isn’t lost on this debut though; the melodic punch of late era Dissection looms large and the blackened death metal of Necrophobic looms equally as large. Put simply, the performances and overall sound of this debut mark a band that should be well in its prime and not just getting their momentum going. But, fate is a fickle thing and here we are, all these years later with an outstanding debut. We recently had a chance to ask the band our set of Profile questions so head below to see how it went down. Don’t forget to click the embedded links to snag your own copy. Continue reading