I’m baaaaaaaack. Thanks to Josh for covering for me while I was away. I spent a great two weeks back in the icy winter of my home, Chicago, IL. I got to spend the holidays with all my family, catch up with some old friends from high school and college, eat and drink myself into oblivion, and watch my California-Born-and-Raised partner’s face light up when some unexpected snow flurries blew in. It was exactly the kind of recharge I needed after the trash fire that was 2018. I feel ready to get back in the saddle again, and what better way to do that than share all the good stuff I and my cohorts have been jamming over our respective holiday-time adventures? Check below for a list of tunes to whip your year into shape.
The dawn of a new week…or Monday depending on your point of view. I always love the feel of a new year, so much hope and the timing is right for fresh thinking about what’s expected. You can choose to be a negative ninnie or you can choose to look at everything with fresh eyes and thoughts. I’m not suggesting a complete turn away from the world at large but I am suggesting to find things: music, people, friends, family or whatever does it for you, and place emphasis on these things. We’re challenging ourselves this year and we hope you’ll do the same. Anyway, enough rah rah talk — the music we jammed on last week awaits. Subscribe here and hit the play button immediately below. Grab a fresh cup of coffee, you can thank us later. Continue reading
Not sure how many of you were hit with the snow but it was fun while it lasted. With temps in the 40’s yesterday it’s all but gone from here. We got it early in the season so there’s a good chance we’ll get more, or not. Last week’s playlist was long enough to keep the music going until now but it’s Monday again and that means another playlist. This time, it’s all about what we were listening to last week and hopefully these picks will knock the weekend cobwebs out. Grab some more coffee and say hello to the new week with us and our varied picks. Continue reading
Now this here’s some dedication—we’re at Maryland Deathfest and queued up a Canto post for you heathens before we even got there. Granted, we did this a bit earlier in the day than we usually do, and thus might not have gotten all of the day’s happenings, but here’s what we’d missed as of…1:00 in the afternoon!
- Kicking off with some can’t-miss tour news from Godflesh, who’ve announced a run of fall dates with Prurient. Tuesday, September 15, I’m looking at you.
- Fan of Slayer? How about non-existent words? Well, we’ve got good news for you either way: the band announced that their new album, Repentless, will be out September 11!
- Three of the guys in GWAR interviewed for an editorial position at Noisey. It went as ridiculously as you might expect.
- Today in “filling space,” Jane’s Addiction frontman Perry Farrell was pissed when Metallica played Lollapalooza in 1996, but he isn’t now so I guess it’s cool? Hooray for “news,” you guys!
- And finally, Enabler released a lyric video for their new song, “By Demons Denied.” Check it out here:
Nice. “By Demons Denied” will be out on Century Media on June 2, in both digital and limited edition 7″ formats. Anyway, time for more MDF. Catch you kids later on.
Keep it heavy,